SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE 2015 EDITION OF EIA O LANAIʻS SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
The mission of Eia o Lanai is to encourage and enable Lanai storytellers to share their personal experiences, thoughts and critiques of their island home through the craft of filmmaking. Inherent in visual storytelling is the important relationship between place and perspective, Eia o Lanai is meant to highlight the home perspective of Lanai.
Selected films will be screened on July 31st. Screening times and locations are to be determined — please check this page for updates.
Submissions & Rules
No Entry Fees
Share with us your personal experience of Lanai; what itʻs like to grow up here, work here, raise a family here, and live here. Documentary, Narrative, Experimental films, Music and Hunting/Fishing videos are all acceptable forms.
- All entrants must be current or former residents of the island of Lanai
- No age restrictions
- films made prior to 2015 are welcome
- because these films will be screened for a general audience, we cannot accept work containing profanity, profuse use of violence and/or explicit sexual content
- there are no minimum time limits but please keep your submission no longer than 20 minutes
- multiple submissions are acceptable but only one submission per entrant will be selected for screening
- July 10, 2015
- All sumissions should be dropped off to Anthony at the Office of Hawaiian Affairs
Acceptable submissions include but are not limited to the following:
- Blu Ray
- Flashdrive (will be returned to you following screening date)
- SD Card (will be returned to you following screening date)
If you need assistance with preparing your film for submission please contact us.
for questions, please contact us through email@example.com or 808-565-7930.
This event is made possible with sponsorship from the Office of Hawaiian Affairs.